Wednesday, February 4, 2009

For My Facebook Friends

I'm really tired, and practically falling asleep, but I'm going to attempt to come up with twenty-five random things about myself so I can appease all the frantic facebookers who keep sending me this tag.

1. I'm really tired, and practically falling asleep.

2. Frantic facebookers keep tagging me. Apparently they're dying to know all about my randomness. (How am I doing guys? Is this okay so far? Just checking...)

3. I can be very random. Unfortunately, this isn't one of my random moments, but cut me some slack, at least I'm trying.

4. Oh, I know - I got to spend an hour with 48 seventh and eighth grade band members today.

5. When they left, they were replaced by 56 sixth graders.

6. For some unknown reason, both my patience AND sanity are gone. Wonder what could have caused that...Hmmm....

7. Everyone reading this is now glad they don't have my job.

8. I don't like food that shouldn't be sweet to be sweet. Like sweet BBQ burritos. Or sweet salad dressing. Or sweet spaghetti, or baked beans.

9. I do, however, like chicken hearts.

10. I really want to try a sardine, but can't ever make myself. Why is that?

11. Whenever I make any kind of list about myself, it always goes back to food. What does that say about me?

12. Speaking of food, I worship buffets. No decisions, and all-you-can-eat dessert. What more could a person ask for?

13. I almost died once. (I know, old news. But still - I did. And it was random).

14. I love driving tractors. Give me a tractor and a manure pit to scrape, and I'll be happy for hours.

15. I fell in a manure pit once.

16. My manure pit story would make a great blog post.

17. I'd love to be a car salesman (Okay, saleswoman - whatever), and totally plan on doing this at some point.

18. I hate to dust (but unfortunately still plan on doing this at some point).

19. The key words in number 18, are "at some point."

20. I thrive under pressure. Unless it involves more than 45 middle schoolers in a room with nothing to do. "Seethe" is a much better word for this situation.

21. I actually have the ability to scare sixth graders into silence. This is a very marketable skill.

22. I think the market for people willing and able to scare sixth graders into silence should be just a little higher paying...

23. This list is taking me a ridiculously long period of time.

24. I can't wear watches, because after a few weeks the batteries always stop. Is that weird?

25. I'm going to bed.

23 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

Nice.

Barbaloot said...

I've gotten a lot of those tags too...but I refuse to give into pressure. I guess doing it on a blog is a legit way to do it:)

Tana said...

I have just been ignoring my tagged things. I can't seem to think of 25 things at once. Great job coming up with yours.

Camille said...

It's getting a little freaky now Jen, I TOO CANNOT WEAR WATCHES BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORK AFTER I BUY THEM. The last straw was when I purchased a Swiss Army Watch, had to take it in 4 times to get it fixed and still nuthin'. (I have yet to fall into some manure).
Naomi is next to go on the Bach, she seriously is getting on my nerves. (sweet girl though, I hope for the best)

J. Baxter said...

Machen - WILD!! (And I agree, Naomi is definitely next. Her AND her freaky/weird Mom).

val of the south said...

That is the best "I almost died" story I've ever heard!! Sorry to laugh so much about such a serious subject!!

{jane} said...

you should try sardines, smoked sardines, put one on a wheat thin or cracker of your choice...let me know. I'll have to read the almost died story later, right now, I'm on my way out the door, have a great day!

Kelly said...

Funny, I don't remember hearing about you falling into a manure pit though? WTHeck?

The Crash Test Dummy said...

he heeeeee heeee hehehe ahha dhfeiradfaeirafei

Oh, sorry, that was just random typing.

You are so darn cute. LY!

P.S. How's your mom?

melissabastow said...

I, for one, feel like I know you better. As if you have achieved a whole new level of depth. And now I know for certain that I wouldn't have been able to go on living without knowing that you fell into a manure pit once. It's a wonder -and a miracle- I was managing to live before.

Oh yeah, and you need to come wear that creepy beepy watch of mine so it will die.....please?!!

My Diary said...

I stop watch batteries too. If I take them off at bedtime they don't stop, you could try it.

See I was told, after some research that my body has a strong magnetic pull that stops batteries. (so I really do have a magnetic personality) One time I had a watch that would actually start ticking backward if I wore it non stop. Weird but true.

Claire said...

Hahaha... I love facebook. I'mn glad you succumbed and did the random list.

I want to hear about the manure pit.

Anonymous said...

I'm breaking the 25 Things lemming barrier by only posting one random thing a day for 25 days. It's less stressful to think about only one thing a day than to sit down and plug out 25 at once!

R Allen said...

Can you please sell me a car, then?
You can try out your selling technique and I'll tell you if you suck.

Stephanie said...

I didn't know you were on facebook, I just added you as a friend. :) I'm glad you didn't die. I don't wear watches either. They last forever on other people, and when I need them to work, they are dead. I've had every watch I've ever owned die on me. I will never wear a watch again. Ever.

Stephanie said...

I was also going to mention sardines. Make sure you are really hungry. Then, when you are really hungry and you find cheap sardines at the store (next do tuna...) then you slap some mustard and sardines on bread and viola...it's a cheap sandwich. I did it several times when I was a single student living in HI and it was clearance sardines. I think they even make them with spices in the cans for you. All to save a buck....

honeypiehorse said...

Wow. 6th grade band. I used to be IN 6th grade band. I can still hear that screechy trumpet (not mine, I played flute) if I close my eyes and concentrate. No wonder you're tired.

nikkicrumpet said...

You left off #26....you MAKE ME LAUGH!!!

Natalie said...

This was good stuff. I knew most of this already (the manure pit was new!) but your writing style is so entertaining!

Anonymous said...

You scared me into silence, too.

You ARE good.

And not paid enough.

Kristin said...

ok you can eat chicken hearts but not sardines? Plus I think you should get random points for mentioning manure, all-you-can eat dessert, scrape and batteries.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Hmm, I don't really get face book. I guess I an like Annie, nut people keep inviting me and I can't really figure out how to accept their invitations.

Sorry about subbibg for the middle school band. Sounds like a fate worse than death. And I agree, it should pay more.

wenderful said...

Manure really stinks.
Stopped over from Annie's. Great job on your 25 things. Very random indeed.
Consider yourself bookmarked. I'll be back. :)