Monday, April 27, 2009

Because Apparently I'm Helpless

Okay, I need your assistance once more regarding our little bachelorette party. Just so you know, things are coming along swimmingly, and it's bound to be loads of fun. We have our fruity little drinks planned, and I'm building a luscious triple layer chocolate cake with fudge icing especially for the occasion. The guest list is out, the honeymoon basket is bought and half way put together - this party is going to rock.

But about our little mix tape. (CD, whatever). I need some help putting one together. I've just sent an email to the music-mixer master Camille (who really does have the BEST music ever at all times on her blog), but I also thought it couldn't hurt to get suggestions from Blogland at large.

So here I am, asking for suggestions.

First, do we want a romantic "honeymoon" CD, or do we just want an awesome love song CD? And are these two things synonymous?

Second, what songs? She's twenty-seven, so you all should know a song or two that are completely necessary for a CD of this type (that is, the type you all decide I'm making). Please don't leave me alone on this one! I'm counting on everyone out there to give me at least one suggestion - you know you can all come up with at least one song.

And just for the record, I remembered to go to work this morning. Things are looking up. (Although no one gave me any chocolate while I was there...)

10 comments:

Camille said...

"Sex Dwarf" is always a hit on love cd's! Ask Annie.

annie valentine said...

You seriously need to ask Camille to take care of this for you. And you? Building a "luscious triple layer chocolate cake with fudge icing"? Why do I have visions of Sleeping Beauty and the three good fairies coming to ming? Aren't we sheet cake gals? Just use the wand Jen, eleven minutes to coconut cake Heaven...

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

The way you're describing the food...who cares what you're listening to!!! HAHA! They'll all be too enraptured by the food! :) I wish I knew more love songs for ya!

Barbaloot said...

I'm probly the wrong person to ask. I love the cheesey 80s songs that probly aren't gonna be super romantic on a honeymoon:) Like "I'm Gonna Keep on Loving You" or "Lost; I Just Died in Your Arm." Although, those are kind of honeymoon-esque. I just wouldn't really want them in my head during that point in my life:)

melissabastow said...

I think you should make a super romantic honeymoon cd, and then right in the middle of all the romance songs put in one really ...different... song. Like "Welcome to the Jungle" or something.

Anonymous said...

If it were me, I'd love a mixed tape of all the love songs from every musical ever made. Like, "Anything you can do, I can do better" from Annie get your gun. I have a whole list of them!

By the by, I still have a mixed tape a friend of mine made for my bridal shower. She collected every song she could find with my name in it.... "Wake Up, little Suzy"; "Oh, Susanna"; "Crocodile Rock" (..."me and Suzy had so much fun...); and who could forget CCR's "Suzy Q"? My brother in law got a hold of it and played it at our reception! It was a big hit! I'll have to dig it out and see if I can find a tape player in the house that still works!

Shelley said...

Ok, I'm all about the 80's. It truly was the best at soft rock, you can't go wrong. And really Camille has already thrown together a great 80's mix, she even put a disclaimer on it...ask her about it...
And no making fun, but throw in some Barry Manilow. While at his concert a couple years back (no comments!) he started off by telling all the men that were feeling like they had been drug there to the concert, that they would thank him when they got home!!!

Haynsy said...

What type of laptop do you have? I can see what power cords are available. And don't tell me you have a gray one!

Stephanie said...

Have you thought about any monster ballads? I always liked those, but the soft rock stuff is all good, too. That Robinhood song, by that guy, my mind is drawing a blank right now. I heard it at a reception before. It sounds like you've got everything together though, and your cake is sounding fabulous!!

Natalie said...

Wow! It would seem the 80's have it!

Oh, and isn't the above referenced Robin Hood song Everything I Do I Do It For You by Brian Adams? That IS a great song if I'm thinking of the right one.